VoIP Phone Systems
VoIP business phone systems are becoming increasingly popular because of their cost saving benefits and flexibility. But did you know that a full VoIP system is not right for every business in every situation? When deciding to deploy VoIP technology there are many things to consider that factor directly in to the return on investment of the project.
Making a Misinformed Decision:
Making a misinformed decision could end up costing you significantly more than the possible VoIP cost saving benefits. Take the guess work out of utilizing VoIP technologies by calling the knowledgeable staff at ICS today. Our VoIP specialists are standing by to help educate you on Voice Over IP technology so that you can make an informed decision about deploying it in your organization. Call 1-866-427-4722.
VoIP or Hybrid. Which is Better?
Have you considered a Hybrid solution? It may be better and more cost effective than a pure VoIP system. Take a look at our Hybrid phone systems for more information.
VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol and it converts traditional voice technologies into standard IP packets. Once converted, voice traffic can travel across any or all VoIP enabled networks. The benefit of this technology to business owners is that now traditional voice/data networks can be combined on a single network, significantly decreasing monthly spending with your local dial tone carrier. Take a look below to read about more cost saving benefits of VoIP phone systems.
Cost Saving Benefits Of A VoIP Phone Systems:
- Dial Tone Services - Save substantially on your dial tone services including long distance, internet, fax and interoffice communications as well as other monthly fees associated with local carriers.
- Increased Mobility - In the past, business phone systems were stationary and stagnant; you could only get your calls or receive voice mail alerts if you were sitting at a desk in your office. With VoIP systems, you can have the freedom to take your phone anywhere you go and utilize it wherever internet access is available, you can even integrate your cell phone or PDA to take advantage of the cost savings benefits there as well.
- Application Integration - Integrate many of your computer applications such as email, fax, video/audio or web conferencing with your VoIP phone system.
VoIP Phone System Case Study:
One of the largest medical groups in the country saved over 100,000 dollars by choosing a hybrid solution as opposed to a pure IP solution while accomplishing all of the tasks they needed their phone system to accomplish.
"This organization was considering choosing a 100% pure IP solution for their phone system. After ICS looked at their situation; they had an existing building and an existing infrastructure, ICS found that the best solution was to network their multiple sites via IP where it made sense, and use traditional telephony in the core office to avoid unnecessary costs of setting up a whole new infrastructure. Had they chosen to listen to the advice of other communication consultants trying to push a pure IP solution on them, they would have had to add all new data switches, all new cabling and a completely new infrastructure to essentially put an IP telephone on a desk. That IP telephone does nothing different than a digital telephone, with the exception of being able to move it around the office with relative ease, that feature was simply not worth the cost associated with building a pure IP system. Once the project was completed, this organization's phone system was able to do everything that they wanted it to do without spending the extra money on something someone told them they really needed."
Important Questions To Ask Before Making A Decision:
There are some important questions that need to be answered before you can make a good decision about "whether or not" and or "how much" VoIP technology should be deployed in your organization. There is no question about whether or not a company in a
The Technologies of VoIP:
There are essentially four flavors of VoIP. Take a look at how they are categorized below.
- VoIP Handsets - An actual IP telephone set that resides on your desk.
- VoIP Site To Site Trunking - The connectivity highway between a company's multiple sites. VoIP trunking allows voice traffic to travel on the existing data IP backbone between sites.
- VoIP Dial Tone - Can be delivered in multiple formats including: Analog, PRI, T1(digital) or VoIP. VoIP dial tone is simply the most cost effective & flexible product currently available.
- SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) Connectivity - Allow multiple products from multiple manufactures to connect with each other using the SIP language.
What To Do Now:
Now that you understand a little more about VoIP and how it can positively affect your business, call the staff of ICS and talk with a specialist that can help you understand what parts of VoIP technologies will be right for your business by assessing your organizations needs and calculating your return on investment. Don't wait another minute.
Call ICS Today. 1-866-427-4722
For further information see the related topics: