It’s reasonable to want to do everything on your own first instead of outsourcing IT services in Houston when launching your business. With just one or two servers to manage and few simple processes to perform, there isn’t much to handle. You can do it, no sweat.
However, this doesn’t hold true for long once your business starts to evolve. As your business gets bigger— more customers, more services, more ventures— so do your server needs. It’s not just a matter of buying additional servers (though this is already costly and impractical for growing businesses). If you still want to do this on your own, you’ll also have to hire specialists, invest in state-of-the-art equipment, and create complex processes; yet it doesn’t end there. The actual task of server management can be complicated, especially when there are multiple servers involved. You have to do it all from setup and installation to monitoring and maintenance. The whole thing takes a lot of time, effort, and money— critical resources that will be spent on peripherals instead on your core business needs.
But why burden yourself when you can outsource to a third-party provider of IT services in Houston, specifically server management services? Such a provider will not only provide the necessary infrastructure and staff, but also handle administrative tasks. They’ll take on the task to leave you free to focus on your business.
Advantages of Having an IT Service Provider for Server Management
- Setup, installation, migration – Your provider will perform these tasks without your intervention because they have the equipment and the people. You can just sit back and relax.
- Optimization – Your provider will maximize your servers, ensuring they always run at their best. You don’t have to upgrade servers as often as you think.
- Maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting – Your provider will monitor your servers (usually 24/7) and take care of their maintenance. If there’s any issue, you can expect that they’ll resolve it within the agreed-upon resolution time in the service level agreement.
- Support – Your provider will present different ways to contact them in case an issue does come up. You can choose a preferred mode of communication such as phone, email, chat, or better yet, all three.
- Security – Your provider will implement enterprise-grade security measures to protect your servers from threats. You can trust them to protect your customers’ sensitive information from potential cyberattacks.
- Disaster recovery – Your provider will ensure that data in your servers have recoverable backups in case of a disaster, whether environmental or technical. You don’t have to worry about losing critical data when the unexpected happens.
- Cost savings – Your provider will offer all these services to you at a competitive price. You, as a client, can choose among different providers to find one that best suits your needs and budget.
Server management is definitely one of the IT processes you need to outsource if you want to make things convenient for your business.
If you’re looking for a provider of server management services and other IT services in Houston, consider ICS as your trusted partner. With 35 years of experience under our belt, we can assure you that you can rely on us. Contact us to learn more about what we can do for you.