You count on your IT provider to keep your firm’s technology functional – so what happens when they’re not as reliable as they should be?
It’s becoming more and more common for law firms to turn to outsourced IT support, either from a break/fix IT contractor or from a Managed IT Provider. Those that partner with a Managed IT Provider enter into that agreement with high expectations. The right provider will work hard to ensure that your technology is constantly operating at peak performance, and tackling issues while they are still just potential issues, eliminating excessive periods of downtime and lost productivity. Unfortunately, in spite of best efforts, issues will inevitably arise.
This is why it’s so important to choose the right IT provider. Outsourcing your firm’s IT support shouldn’t mean lowering your expectations or accepting lackluster services and support. A Managed IT Provider can give you all the benefits of an in-house IT department without the hassle or added financial burden of extra staff. And it should go without saying that they should be available to help with any issue or concern exactly when you need them to.
How Can I Tell If My IT Support Isn’t Meeting My Needs?
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Your services calls almost always go straight to voicemail, and it tends to require multiple messages or follow up calls to finally get a technician to address your issue.
- Your provider doesn’t offer after-hours service calls, or charges you a hefty fee to handle a call outside of business hours.
- Even minor problems require an onsite visit due to a lack of remote support options.
- You never have the same technician come to your office twice, and find yourself having to answer the same basic questions about your technology over and over again.
- You can’t remember the last time your network security was checked for vulnerabilities.
- You can’t remember the last time your data backups and business continuity plan were tested.
If the answer is yes, odds are your current provider isn’t living up to expectations.
Why Should I Expect My Firm To Have Better Luck With Another Outsourced Provider?
Not all Managed IT Providers are alike. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit for your firm, and making sure they not only have the expertise you need, but will live up to the promises they make to your team. This includes everything from hands-on support for everything from network security and maintenance, to implementing backup and disaster recovery plans.
Also, choosing to work with a team of legal IT experts like ICS can make a big difference. By staying on top of the latest advancements and trends in the legal field, we can make recommendations that allow you to increase productivity and make the most of your firm’ technology. If issues arise, you can count on our staff to respond quickly and efficiently to keep your downtime to a minimum, and to fix the problem correctly the first time.
Considering shopping around for a legal IT provider? Contact the legal IT experts at ICS to schedule your complimentary assessment, and let us get to know your firm while you get to know us and benefit from some added insight into your current technology.