Get in touch with us today to find out how can we help you.
Data integrity and data retention are vital for successful law firms today. Due to the nature of litigation, you must keep your client files for a very long time. You must ensure that they are always accessible, searchable and secure. This is why choosing the right Backup Solution and Document Management system are so important for firms like yours.
Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) requirements vary from firm to firm. But there are 5 key features that any legal practice should look for…
1. Hardware Compatibility. Your BDR Solution should offer the compatibility you need across all of your appliances. It should also provide flexibility for your users.
2. 24x7x365 Technical Support. Disasters occur any time of the day or night. So you need a BDR solution that’s backed by a provider who will be there for you no matter what time of day or day of the week it is.
3. Redundancy In The Cloud. You need more than just a backup onsite. If you can’t get into your office, then you can’t access your backup. Your BDR solution should leverage the Cloud for additional security and recoverability. It must have the capability to keep things running when disaster strikes.
4. Proven Recovery Time Objective (RTO). Downtime is costly. So it’s critical that you can recover your data quickly and easily. Look for a solution and IT provider who can promise that RTOs are measured in minutes, not hours or days.
5. Is Cost-Effective & Meets Your Changing Requirements. You have to watch every dollar your law firm spends. The BDR Solution your IT support company provides should meet your needs while not breaking the bank. And look for a provider who can scale your BDR solution to meet your changing requirements.
Business continuity after a disaster continues to be a significant concern for attorneys. But with cloud-based data storage, you can keep your law firm running if your onsite data is destroyed.
A system that backs up your data to the Cloud in real-time provides the recovery you need from data disasters. With the right managed backup system, your data will be recoverable whenever you need it.
With a cloud backup, data is backed up to a remote, cloud-based server. The data is stored in, and accessible from, multiple distributed and connected resources that comprise a cloud.
You want a cloud backup that offers the combination of fast, reliable backups and robust recovery solutions. Look for a solution that can recover from the Cloud in a few minutes.
With an enterprise-based backup to the Cloud you’ll:
Your Backup Solution should be simple and effective. It should be cost-effective but ensure that your law firm will survive when a disaster strikes.
You must organize, manage and search vast amounts of digital data today. This requires a Document Management Solution with a modern cloud architecture designed to support the unique needs of professional work product management.
We like iManage. We have a lot of experience with this document management software (we don’t sell or install it, but we do support it). It’s an example of what a Document Management Solution should provide.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, visit our Blog. We post new articles on a regular basis that will keep you up-to-date on IT news and solutions.