Just about 10 years ago, when someone referred a “cloud,” most people would turn their eyes to the skies. However, these days, the term “cloud” has another meaning, and as a business looking for IT services, you might wonder if you need cloud solutions and managed services in San Antonio.
Many MSPs offer some type of cloud computing solution, but it is often seen as an upgrade; and honestly, some companies simply don’t need it. Here are the pros and cons of cloud computing, and determine if your company really needs it:
The Pros of the Cloud
There are definitely benefits that you can get from using cloud solutions including:
- More convenience – When you use the cloud, you can get rid of a lot of the hardware that you might have. Of course, this doesn’t include things like printers and computers, but you won’t need servers and other large pieces of hardware.
- More flexibility – When you have cloud capabilities, you have more flexibility in what type of services you get from your MSP. You can also easily switch those services in and out.
- Less management – You won’t have to spend as much time managing your IT services when you choose to have the cloud. This allows your employees to focus on other more pressing tasks.
- Easy to implement – Your staff is already familiar with cloud services, such as iTunes, Dropbox, or even Gmail. This makes it easy for them to adapt.
The Cons of the Cloud
Though you can easily see some of the benefits of the cloud, there are also cons. They include:
- A big investment – There is no doubt that including the cloud in your IT services is a bit investment. For some companies, paying for this service is not cost-effective.
- More bandwidth – The cloud is going to require very fast internet speeds and more hardware than you probably have. This, too, is more of an expense that you have to consider. You also might need extra space for routers.
- Trusting someone else – You also have to understand that you are at the mercy of someone else if something goes wrong with the cloud. Hopefully, there is a managed services provider in San Antonio that you can trust.
Are Cloud Solutions Right for You?
Now that you know some of the major pros and cons of cloud solutions, you should think about your organization and how the cloud could fit into those. The best thing to do is to talk to IT experts and then do your research online to see if you could really benefit from cloud solutions.
If you are still confused about whether or not the cloud is right for your company, you are not alone. Your next step should be to talk to a company offering managed services in San Antonio like ICS. We offer cloud solutions to our clients and can help you decide if this type of service is right for you. Contact us today to get what your business really needs.