Houston IT Support: How to Select the Right Support Partner
What does good Houston IT support look like? Discover the most important questions to ask any local IT managed service you are considering partnering with.
Do you need IT support for your Houston business? If so, who should you turn to for assistance? There are plenty of IT companies in the local area, but not all of them will be able to meet your exact needs.
Thankfully, it is possible to know which exact IT service provider is the best fit for your business by asking potential IT MSPs the following questions:
- What products and services do you offer? You need to make sure your IT managed service provider will be able to meet all your current and future needs. Don’t settle for one that can’t supply your business with the tools and technology you need to be successful.
- Do you specialize in my industry? Your IT set-up plays a large role in ensuring you remain compliant with industry regulations. You need an IT tech company that understands your industry to ensure that your IT network is in line with local, state, and federal laws governing your line of work.
- Is your tech team certified and experienced? Do they receive ongoing training to stay on the cutting edge of their field? Are they aware of the latest cybersecurity threats and the appropriate strategies for combating them? Technology is changing at a rapid pace and your IT managed service provider needs to stay abreast of recent developments, products, and trends to offer you the best possible service.
- What forms of cybersecurity do you have to offer? Nearly 4,000 breaches occurred during the first half of 2019 alone. Cybercrime is on the rise as hackers use various tools and tricks to obtain classified business information from unwitting victims. It’s vitally important for your IT managed service provider to offer the best cybersecurity tools and services to prevent a damaging data breach.
- Do you provide a disaster recovery plan? As every single Houston-based business knows, natural disasters can cause a great deal of damage in a relatively short period of time. Alternatively, your business may be hit by a ransomware attack, requiring you to reboot your systems and start from scratch. A disaster recovery plan not only enables you to regularly back up your files but also provides a clear strategy for reinstalling software programs, uploading your back-up data, and getting back online after an unfortunate incident occurs.
- Do you offer 24/7 service and assistance? IT problems don’t just occur during regular business hours. You need to be able to count on 24/7 monitoring and support for your business. Full-time monitoring ensures that vulnerabilities and potential problems are dealt with before they disrupt your business, while 24/7 support guarantees you’ll get timely assistance to minimize downtime and solve IT problems quickly and easily.
- How can you help our company transition to the cloud? Moving to the cloud boosts your IT security, productivity, and profits while enabling your business to save money long-term. However, it can be challenging to transition to a cloud service provider, which is why you need a firm that can help you map out an effective migration strategy.
Introducing ICS Houston IT Support
ICS is a leading Houston IT support company that has been offering top-tier IT services for nearly forty years. The company specializes in serving oil and gas companies, non-profit organizations, heavy machinery companies, law firms, country clubs, the medical industry and small businesses throughout the Houston area. We offer the tools and services you need to stay a step ahead of the competition and provide your customers with cutting edge products, services, and support. Get in touch with us to learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our IT experts.