Managed Services in San Antonio: What You Need to Know About the Dark Web
Managed services providers in San Antonio deal with programs like malware which emanate from the dark web. If you are unfamiliar, think of the internet like an iceberg. What we see online when we search Google or use Facebook is that 4% of the iceberg which is atop the ocean’s salty surface. The other […]
Managed services providers in San Antonio deal with programs like malware which emanate from the dark web. If you are unfamiliar, think of the internet like an iceberg. What we see online when we search Google or use Facebook is that 4% of the iceberg which is atop the ocean’s salty surface. The other 96% underwater is comprised of the deep web and the dark web. These latter two quotients of the web are often used interchangeably, but this is erroneous. The deep web doesn’t require specialized internet browsers, it’s just not listed on search engines and the like. The dark web requires specialized browsers to interact with. Also, the dark web is primarily a marketplace–it’s a digital black market. It’s basically the bottom of a bad apple barrel. Meanwhile, the deep web isn’t always “bad” per se. For example, you’re going to find things like:
Pages with paywalls and member-only websites
When you consider the number of companies and schools out there, it becomes obvious why so much of the deep web isn’t search-engine integrated. Varying databases are justifiably hidden, as are paywall sites. Here’s the thing: while a lot of the deep web is benign, some of it is not. Consider an automatic monitoring protocol facilitating a database hidden behind a member-only paywall. Such monitoring could be used by hackers to determine vulnerabilities and help them design malware. As a matter of fact, this is very likely being done.
The dark web facilitates the majority of illegal digital activity designed to exploit conventional users. However, a managed services provider in San Antonio can help you to operate in such a way that you don’t unnecessarily compromise yourself and such that you’re able to defend your operation should you be targeted.
Cybercrime is a multi-trillion dollar a year industry, and it is in large part facilitated through the dark web. An anonymous bitcoin transaction can be used to design a hacking program which can, in turn, be used to hack a large corporation through a DDoS attack, to spy on sensitive data or to ransom a business big or small. You need education at regular intervals through the right tech people to offset this, as well as the latest available security protocols.
A managed services provider in San Antonio like ICS can help you understand both the deep web and the dark web, as well as help you to avoid being undermined by cybercriminals who make this area of the internet their home. Contact us now for security solutions protecting against existing and developing threats.
ICS is a Texas-based 40-year-old technology company specializing in Managed IT, VoIP, Video Conferencing and Video Surveillance solutions for US and International businesses. ICS has over 4000 regional installations and specializes in multi-site businesses between 25 and 2500 employees. ICS’s customers enjoy the experience of ICS’s Total Care program which provides clients flat fee services with obsolescence and growth protection. Whether a customer elects to deploy their IT, Video Conferencing or VoIP in the cloud or on the customer’s premise, ICS can provide a full turn-key solution for our clients under one flat monthly fee.
ICS Specializes In Managed IT Services, Business Telephones, Video Conferencing & More.
Book your initial consultation with ICS using the form below.
ICS will never sell, rent, share or distribute your personal details with anyone. In addition, we will never spam you.
Get Started with a 60-Day, Risk-Free Trial with our IT Services
We offer managed IT services for large to small organizations at a flat-rate monthly fee. You can get started now with a 60-day, risk-free trial. If you’re not 100% satisfied with our services, you’re able to cancel your contract – no questions asked. ICS works hard to earn the trust of each and every business we work alongside.